Taming of the Shrew
Carefully look back through Act 2, Scene 1.
- What do you find out about the character of:
Brainstorm your ideas on both these characters in your English book.
- The Task: Write a letter from Katherina to a friend (make one up)
explaining in as much detail as possible her initial thoughts and impressions
of Petruchio. In the letter you should include the Katherina's opinion on
- the way he looks
- his personality and manners
- his treatment of her / his threats
- the impending marriage
- Baptista's treatment of her
- her sister and suitors
- how she really feels about the whole situation.
Write in as much detail as possible, use quotations if you like but remember to use quotation marks, for instance:
. . . he had the cheek to say to me 'I swear I'll cuff you, if you strike again.'
This will look impressive!
Check your work. Have you used paragraphs, checked your spelling, punctuation and the layout of your letter?
This worksheet was found at www.englishresources.co.uk
© 1999 English Resources, all rights reserved